Our 15 Days well-organized tour Package for Sikkim Darjeeling Gangtok will surely give you once in a lifetime experience that you will love to preserve. This Sikkim tour package is crafted for the thrill-seekers and adventure lovers offer the best of North-East India. The amazing Sikkim trip itinerary covers the capital city of Gangtok, the offbeat villages of Lachen & Lachung, and the hill town of Pelling and Darjeeling. Opt for this adventure-filled holiday package to Sikkim and enjoy an utterly comfortable tour, mingled with hospitable services and leisurely vacation.
- Excursion to attractions of Kolkata.
- Visit Queen of the hill stations (Darjeeling 7100ft).
- Take a trip to “Mirik” (6000 Ft) newest hill-station in the Darjeeling hills.
- Visit the picturesque lake, this quiet township is also surrounded by gardens that produce some of the finest teas.
- Trek up to the Dubdi Monastery at Yuksom.
- Explore Gangtok.
- Sightseeing of Durpin Hill (which has the famous Zong Dog Palri Fo- Brang Monastery which belongs to the same Buddhist sect as the present Dalai Lama).
- Arrive at Kolkata. Transfer to hotel.
Kolkata City Panorama
- After breakfast drive pass Tipu Sultan Mosque, Howrah Bridge, visit Belur Math, Vivekananda Setu, Dakhineswar Temple, Jorasanko Tagore House, Drive pass GPO, Writers Building, Eden Garden Stadium, Rajbhawan, Visit Town Hall, Indian Museum, Victoria Memorial Hall, Mother House & St. James Princep Ghat (one can enjoy the evening at Hooghly river by Country boat) or shopping. Overnight stay will be at Kolkata.
- After breakfast, transfer to airport for your flight to Bagdogra
- Pick- up from Bagdogra Airport to be taken to Darjeeling (7100 Ft), the “Queen of the hill stations”, its name derived from “Dorje-Line” which means the place of “Dorje”, the mystic thunderbolt. Covering a distance of 88 km over a drive of 3.5 hrs along winding roads, its an experience of unforgettable beauty. Checkin at “The Elgin”.
- The Elgin – a 120 years old property, now given “Heritage Status” is located at 2 minutes walking distance from the mall. The Snug & Cosy feeling, Burma teak Furniture, Wooden floorboards and paneling, crackling log fireplaces, well-thumbed volumes at the library, candle-lit dining tables with soft strains of the melodies wafting from the piano…. each has a story to tell – The story of the stylish lifestyle of its first owner, the Maharaja of Cooch Behar. Having 25 well-appointed rooms equipped with Satellite TV, Direct Dial Phones & a view of Kanchenjunga, The Elgin also provides hospitality along with a flavor of history. Spend the evening lazing around or walk down to the mall to do some window-shopping. Night Halt at The Elgin, Darjeeling.
- After breakfast take a trip to “Mirik” (6000 Ft) – the newest hill-station in the Darjeeling hills. Famous for its squash (the vegetable) & the picturesque lake, this quiet township is also surrounded by gardens that produce some of the finest teas. The lake offers boating and fishing apart from a view of snowcapped peaks. Enjoy the fulfilling experience of Nature in its purest form mingled with the unique culture prevalent here. Spend the rest of the day at Mirik to reach Darjeeling back by sunset.
- Night Halt at The Elgin, Darjeeling.
- Start the day at 4am with an early morning trip to Tiger Hill (7800 Ft) to catch the sunrise from behind the majestic Kanchenjunga range. On the way back visit the Ghoom Monastery & Batasia Loop. Back to the hotel for breakfast.
- After breakfast, visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Zoo, Tenzing Rock, Labong Race Course, Tea Garden & Tibetan Refugees Self Help Centre. Back to the hotel by late afternoon. Take a walk to “Chowrasta” the center point of the Mall area. Do some window shopping. Night Halt at The Elgin, Darjeeling.
- Proceed by 8am to Pelling (6800 Ft), a 72 km drive taking 4 hours via Jorethang to the Land of the Pristine and unspoiled natural beauty – Sikkim , with alpine landscapes and thick luxuriant forests, rivers in torrent and peaceful lakes. Arrive at Pelling & check-in at Norbu Gang Resort. This is one of the closest points to the Kanchenjunga range & one can see it upfront touching the sky from Pelling.
- Checkin at The Elgin Mount Pandim, relax a while then proceed to The Pemayangtse Monastery (7021 Ft), 2.5 km from Pelling. Built during the late 17th century, it is one of the oldest & most important monasteries of the Nyingmapa order of Buddhism in Sikkim. Even today, it is only the monks of this monastery who enjoy the title of ‘Tasang’ or pure monks. The monastery follows the Mindroling tradition & has 108 monks. The main attraction of the monastery is the wooden replica of Zangdog Palri , the celestial abode of Guru Padmasambhava, built by Serdup L Dorje Rinpoche in 1971. Back to the hotel. Night halt at The Elgin Mount Pandim, Pelling.
- Leave early for the Khecheopalri Lake, also called the “Wish Fulfilling Lake”. It lies in a depression surrounded by prayer flags & forested hills. Then to Yuksom (5800 Ft) . This is the first capital of the Kingdom of Sikkim & the coronation site of the first Chogyal. Evidence of the enthronement ceremony can still be seen in the form of stone seats and the footprint of the Head Lama on a stone. The stone throne constructed for the great event stands today at Norbugang which has been declared a Heritage site.
- If you have the time & energy, trek up to the Dubdi Monastery at Yuksom. This is a 30-35 mins trek into the forest negotiating steep slopes. It was built in 1701 after the consecration ceremony of the first Chogyal. It is an ideal place for Lamas seeking meditation and recluse. Dubdi means “the Hermit’s cell”. On the return stop to see the Khangchendzonga waterfalls. Back to the Resort by evening. Night halt at The Elgin Mount Pandim, Pelling.
- Depart by 8 am for Gangtok (5500 Ft) for a 4-hour journey (112 km) via Ravangla (6800 Ft), a small township & transit point to various destinations in South & West Sikkim, situated at the base of Meenam Hill (10300 Ft). A visit to the Tibetan Refugee Settlement Camp just above the town which houses the Kheunpheling carpet center where one can buy fine Tibetan style woolen carpets. Lunch at Ravangla & then a fleeting visit to the Bon Monastery at Kewzing, 5 km from Ravangla which is one of its kind in Sikkim, a symbol of the determination of the community to preserve their religious traditions.
- Enroute visit the Rumtek Monastery , 24 km from Gangtok was built in 1960 by His Holiness the Late 16th Gyalwa Karmapa & this is a replica of the original Kagyurpa Monastery in Tibet, a must-see for every visitor, the seat of the “Kagyu Order”. Behind the Monastery is the lavishly decorated Karma Nalanda Institute of Buddhist Studies which attracts students from the world over. Here one can find the most unique religious scriptures & art objects of the world.
- Arrive at Norkhill Gangtok (5500 Ft) by late noon - the erstwhile Guesthouse of the King of Sikkim, a Heritage Property. With rich traditional interiors, 25 rooms having Satellite TV, Direct Dial Phones etc., a Kanchenjunga view, Multicuisine Restaurant, there is no better place where one can experience a mix of Culture-Modern lifestyle-Natural beauty in the ambiance of History. Relax or walk to the mall which is just 5 minutes away. Night Halt at Norkhill, Gangtok.
- After breakfast proceed to Tsomgo Lake (12,210 Ft), a 40 km drive which takes 2.5 hrs. This lake is located very close to Nathula Pass which is the entry point to China termed as the “Silk Route & remains frozen for most parts of the year. Legend has it that the Lamas use to forecast the future by studying the color of the lakes waters. Enjoy the surroundings, majestic snowy peaks that feed the lake, and the clean fresh air. Back to Gangtok by 3 pm for a late lunch. Evening free for leisure or go shopping for Sikkimese traditional handicrafts.
- Night Halt at Norkhill, Gangtok.
- After Breakfast, take a half-day sightseeing trip to The Handicraft & Handloom Showroom, which promotes traditional arts & crafts, a veritable storehouse of exquisite carpets, blankets, shawls in “Lepcha “ weaves; The Flower Show which contains over 200 species of orchids set amidst a beautiful landscape; Enchey Monastery- built-in 1910 on the site blessed by the great tantric master Lama Drutob Karpo, known for his flying powers, this monastery houses the monks of the Nyingmapa Order of Tibetan Buddhism ; Nam Nang VP/Ropeway; Do-Drul Chorten (Stupa) which is one of the most important stupas of Sikkim, built by the head of the Nyingma order- Trullshi Rimpoche in 1945. It contains rare details of Dorji Phupa, Holy Books, Mantras and is encircled by 108 prayer wheels; The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology built-in 1958 in traditional style, a renowned worldwide center for the study of the Mahayana Buddhist philosophy & religion, a treasure house of rare “Thankas”, statues, over 200 Buddhist icons and prized objects of art Back to the hotel by lunch.
- Night Halt at Norkhill, Gangtok.
- Depart early morning for Lachung (8610 Ft), a distance of 126 km. On the way stop en route and enjoy the wonderful locations like Kabi Lungstok (25km from Gangtok where a blood brotherhood was signed between the Lepcha chief, Thekong Tek & the Bhutia chief, Khye Bumsa. The spot where the ceremony took place is marked by a memorial stone pillar amidst the cover of dense forests); Naga Waterfalls; the confluence of Lachen Chu & Lachung Chu at Chungthang- the starting point of the river Teesta. Chungthang is predominantly a Lepcha region, the nodal junction for the two passes- Lachen & Lachung. Stop at the Twin Waterfalls & Bhim Nala Waterfalls before reaching Lachung.
- Lachung is an exquisite valley town , resplendent in its crown of snow-capped mountains, breathtaking waterfalls & sparkling streams. It has been described as “the most picturesque village of Sikkim” by Joseph Dalton in his ‘Himalayan Journal’ (1855). Checkin and get refreshed. The rest of the afternoon is spent Nature Exploring & Local Sightseeing around Lachung village with a visit to the Lachung Monastery. Relax, sleep off & rest your tired body. Night Halt at, Lachung.
- After Breakfast proceed to Yumthang (11800 Ft) a 23 km drive taking 1.5hrs. This is where the Tree Line ends & the rhododendron groves cover the landscape in a surreal shade. Also called the Valley of Flowers as in spring wild alpine flowers carpet the land. In winter there is snow all around and the snow-clad mountains add to the ethereal beauty. This place is also known for its Hot Springs which have healing medicinal properties.
- Picnic in this beautiful valley, trek to reach the high points all around, take a bath in the Hot Springs. Back to Lachung by evening. Night Halt at Lachung.
- After Breakfast depart for Gangtok with lunch served at Mangan. En route, visit the Phodong Monastery 38 km from Gangtok which is famous for its exquisitely delicate mural paintings and frescoes. Built by Chogyal Gyurmed Namgyal in the first quarter of the 18th century for the Karmapa, Phodong is the first Kagyupa monastery to be set up in Sikkim. Reach Gangtok by evening.
- Night Halt at Norkhill, Gangtok.
- Leave Gangtok after breakfast for Kalimpong (4000 Ft), a drive of 76 km, 2.5hrs. Also called the garden of flowers, this town has almost everything- scenic beauty, flowers, greenery, waters, mists, clouds etc..
- Checkin at “The Silver Oaks”, the only 4-star luxury hotel in Kalimpong, just 2 minutes from the Mall. Built originally in 1930, the present-day building has been spruced up with modern amenities housing 23 fully equipped rooms, multicuisine restaurant etc.. The hotel has more glass than walls which allows the breathtaking beauty of the great outdoors to fill the indoors. Rest of the day at leisure. Night halt at The Silver Oaks, Kalimpong.
- After breakfast proceed for half-day sightseeing of Durpin Hill (which has the famous Zong Dog Palri Fo- Brang Monastery which belongs to the same Buddhist sect as the present Dalai Lama) , Jelapla View Point, Pine View Point, Dr Graham's Homes complex with its historic church & well-maintained grounds founded in 1900 by Rev. Dr. J A Graham, a Scottish missionary, Delo Hill (5556 ft) appears to be the roof- of- the- world, is the highest point in Kalimpong. Delo also has the town’s picturesque water reservoir. Then to, Kalimpong Arts & Crafts Centre. Evening at leisure with a visit to the market. where you do some curio shopping, buy some Kalimpong Cheese & lollypops of Swiss technology from “Larks” or just take a walk through the market.
- Night halt at The Silver Oaks, Kalimpong.
- After Breakfast Depart to Bagdogra/NJP
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation is on twin sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast at all places
- Transfers from one place to another Ex. Bagdogra Airport / NJP Rail Station
- Sightseeing in private cars
- Vehicle will be provided based on the itinerary
- All current taxes such as hotel taxes and transportation taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Meals not mentioned in inclusions, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as Room Heater, tips, gratuities, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Entry fees, Guide, porter charges, travel Insurance and medi-claim
- Expenses incurred during the emergency situation or evacuation
- Anything not mentioned under cost included items.
- Any increase in the govt. taxes and state taxes