Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Kanchipuram - Tanjore - Madurai - Periyar - Kumarakom - Alleppey - Cochin
Explore the rain forests, green tea plantations, spices, beautiful sea beaches, exotic wildlife, attractive temples, serene backwaters, Ayurvedic & yoga centers with the exclusive 11 Days Tamil Nadu Kerala Tour.
Experience the ultimate beauty of South India like Kerala and Tamil Nadu in just 11 days. The coastal lines of the sea with palm trees alongside draws the attention of tourists from all over the world.
- Basilica of San Thome, Lighthouse and Marina Beach - Chennai
- Krishna Mandapam, Shore Temple, Sakkiswarar Temple at Mahabalipuram
- Kailasanathar Temple and Ekambaranathar at Kanchipuram
- Chola Temple and Brihadeeswarar Temple at Tanjore
- Meenakshi Amman Temple and Tirumalai Palace at Madurai
- Cruising on the lake of Periyar and Wildlife Sanctuary
- See the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- A performance of Kathakali Dance at Cochin
Day 1: Arrive Chennai
- Arrival in Chennai with the intercontinental flight.
- After customs formalities, baggage claim, and meeting with the representative of MoreIndia travels transfer to hotel (check in at 1200).
- Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 2: Chennai / Mahabalipuram
- After breakfast, you will go for the sightseeing of the prominent attractions of chennai like the Basilica of San Thome, British-built Old Government House, the lighthouse, Marina beach and many more.
- You will then checkout of the hotel and drive towards Mahabalipuram.
- On reaching there, you will check into a hotel for an overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3: Mahabalipuram / Kanchipuram / Mahabalipuram
- After breakfast you will go to explore the city of Mahabalipuram.
- You will visit Krishna Mandapam and Arjuna's Penance, the Sakkiswarar Temple, Vaikuntha Perumal Temple, Kamakshi Amman Temple, the Shore Temple and Mahishasura Mardini Cave.
- Then you will get ready for an excursion to Kanchipuram, where you will visit Kailasanathar Temple and Ekambaranathar.
- Your overnight stay in a hotel at Mahabalipuram.
Day 4: Mahabalipuram / Tanjore
- You will drive to Tanjore, post breakfast in the early morning.
- Visit the Chola Temple and Brihadeeswarar Temple, then Dinner.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 5: Tanjore / Madurai via Trichy
- You will move towards Madurai via Trichy after breakfast at hotel. You will have a city tour of Trichy, including Srirangam Temple and Rockfort.
- On arriving Madurai and checking into a hotel, you will pay a visit to the Meenakshi Sundareshwar Temple.
- The rest of the day you can spend exploring the city.
- You will go back to the hotel for dinner and a comfortable stay.
Day 6: Madurai
- Post breakfast visit Meenakshi Amman Temple and Tirumalai Palace.
- You can enjoy exploring the city and carry on your activities.
- After dinner, you will go to Meenakshi Temple for offering Pooja in the evening.
- Return back to hotel and spend a relaxing night.
Day 7: Madurai / Periyar
- After breakfast drive for Periyar. You will see Idukki Dam on the way.
- You will reach Periyar at noon.
- Enjoy cruising on the lake of Periyar, wildlife watching in Periyar wild life sanctuary.
- You will see tigers, leopards, elephants, bison, antelopes, sambhar, wild boar, monkey and varied species of birds.
- An evening sightseeing tour will be on the cards for you.
- Night stay at Periyar.
Day 8: Periyar / Kumarakom
- Drive to kumarakom after breakfast.
- On arrival, you will go the backwater resort where you will relax for some time. Visit to the Christian churches, temples and local market etc. You will enjoy a cruise on the boat and visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. You can enjoy water sports like windsailing & water skiing etc. Overnight stay at the resort.
Day 9: Kumarakom / Alleppey
- Go for an enthralling houseboat cruise across the backwaters of Kumarakom to Alleppey
- While cruising, you will observe & experience the villagers’ lifestyle.
- Sail through the exotic backwaters on the traditional rice boats to view the exotic backwaters and scenic beauty of Kerala.
- Stay in the hotel at night.
Day 10: Alleppey / Cochin
- Go for sightseeing of wildlife sanctuary through cruising on Lake Periyar, after breakfast. You will leave for Cochin.
- Check in the hotel after arriving Cochin.
- After refreshment you will go to witness a performance of Kathakali Dance.
- Your overnight stay in the hotel of Cochin.
Day 11: Cochin / Home
- Take a half day tour to Jew Town, synagogue (closed on saturday) and the spice market.
- You will then move towards the airport to board a flight for onward destination.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard category of rooms at all hotels
- Meal Plan on Bed & Breakfast at all places accordingly
- All meals in the houseboat.
- Boat ride in Periyar
- Spice Plantation tour in Periyar
- English speaking guide as per places mentioned in the itinerary.
- All transfers sightseeing as per itinerary by air-conditioned private vehicle for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes except Govt. Service tax.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Fare / Rail Fare
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry / tips / shopping / telephones / Medical etc.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the inclusions mentioned above
- Entry fees to Monuments specifically
- Charges in hotels for additional services
- Photography and video making fees at the sites
- Personal insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Govt. Service tax