Kerala is one of the most lively states in the country that entices people from all over the world with its own famous culture and landscape. This 7 days tour covers some of the top places to visit in Kerala to experience the best of God Own's Country.
- Experience the wonderful 'Kerala Backwaters' ride
- Witness the breathtaking tea estates of Munnar
- View the unique 'Chinese Fishing Nets' at Cochin
- Explore Periyar wildlife sanctuary by boat ride
Day 01: New Delhi/Cochin / Kochi
- Morning Arrival in Cochin with the domestic flight. After customs formalities, baggage claim, and meeting with the representative of MoreIndia Travels and transfer to hotel (check-in at 1200).
- Night stay in Cochin.
Day 02: Kochi – Munnar [140 KM / 4 to 4½ hours]
- After breakfast in the hotel drive to Munnar. Arrive at Munnar and check-in, to the hotel.
- The rest of the day is free to explore the surroundings. Munnar is one of the most beautiful hill stations in South Asia. This popular tourist destination is set at an altitude of 6000 ft above sea level. Unending expanse of tea plantations, mist-laden hillocks, pristine valleys and mountains, winding lanes, exotic species of flora and fauna, the aroma of spice scented cool air, Lakes and Dams, MUNNAR was the summer resort of the erstwhile British rulers in South India.
Day 03: Munnar
- After breakfast continue visit to various places in Munnar. A visit to Pothanmedu would give an excellent view of plantations, and later during the day to visit Eravikulam – Rajamalai Wildlife sanctuary, Mudapetty Dam.
- Evening return back to the hotel and overnight stay at Munnar.
Day 04: Munnar – Periyar [110 KM / 3 to 3 ½ hours]
- After breakfast at the hotel drive to Periyar. Arrive at Periyar also known as Thekkady.
- Check in to the hotel. In the evening boat ride and game viewing in lake Periyar.
Day 05: Periyar – Kumarakom [130 KM / 3 and ½ hours]
- After breakfast at the hotel, drive to Kumarakom. En-route visiting beautiful rubber and tea plantations. Arrive Kumarakom& visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary (famous for migratory and local birds) and later check-in at the hotel, Kumarakom is famous for its endless view of the calm clean backwater of Kerala with canals, paddy fields, and fishing villages.
- Overnight at the hotel in Kumarakom.
Day 06: Kumarakom – Alleppey [backwaters cruise till Alleppey]
- After breakfast, morning is free at the hotel. Later transfer to check in the traditional houseboat. Cruise through paddy fields, coconut lagoons, narrow canals and coir villages to Alleppey.
- Lunch will be served at the houseboat. Overnight stay at the House Boat.
Day 07: Alleppey – Cochin – New Delhi
- After breakfast, morning is free at leisure on the houseboat. Later check out from houseboat and transfer to Kochi. On arrival visit Kochi city.
- Visit The Dutch Palace at Mattancherry, which is renowned for its wall murals depicting scenes from the Ramayana. We will also visit the Jewish Synagogue at the heart of what is locally called the Jew Town and the St. Francis Church, the oldest European church in India.
- Evening transfer to Cochin airport to board the flight for onward journey.
What is included in the tour
- Airport transfers at arrival and departure.
- Meet and greet the assistance of our representative at airports.
- Welcome garlanding & a bottle of mineral water every day.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for 5 nights in 3-star hotels.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for 1 night in a deluxe houseboat with all meals.
- Daily Breakfast
- All transport services by AC Toyota Etios Car
- All applicable taxes except Govt. Service tax.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, drinks, etc.
- International Airfare, visa fee.
- Anything not mentioned in Include Column.
- Govt. Service Tax